Profile - Overview:
With around 25,000 students, Birmingham City University is one of the major universities in the UK. Situated in Birmingham, the UK's second city and informal capital of the West Midlands, we have a long history of close interaction with this vibrant region. As a university we have a distinctive focus on education and research for professional and creative practice and on collaboration with business, industry and the public services. We are one of the three long-standing universities in the city of Birmingham, alongside the University of Birmingham and Aston University.
Location and Transport:
• It is situated in the heart of a diverse and modern city, with Birmingham International Airport nearby and good transport connections to London and the rest of the UK.
• There are two main line stations, and it is the centre of Britain's national coach network connecting directly with 500 destinations.
• Established in 1992
• A vibrant, multicultural university with around 25,000 students and over 300 courses to choose from.
• The university with the highest rise in UCAS applications in 2008.
Ranking: 58th in the UK in 2011
• City North
• City Centre, Millennium Point
• City South
• Gosta Green
• Birmingham Conservatoire
• School of Art, Margaret Street
• School of Art, Bourneville
• School of Jewellery, Vittoria Street
Scholarships: £500 - £1000
Support to International Students:
• International Student Advisors
• Advice on settling in, visa and immigration issues, finance, health and wellbeing, careers and job prospects and child care.