Profile - Overview:
Vision: The University of Bedfordshire's vision is of a world where all are able to benefit from transformational educational experiences.
Mission: We create a vibrant multi-cultural learning community enabling people to transform their lives by participating in excellent, innovative education, scholarship and research.
Location and Transport:
• The university's Luton campus is located 30 minutes north of London by train. It is in the heart of the town centre and near to the M1, junctions 10 and 11.
• London Luton International Airport is 5 km (3 miles) from the main campus and is now one of the UK's largest airports.
• The Bedford campus is 40 minutes by train from London and has easy access to Cambridge and Oxford.
• Established in 2006.
• Between 2006 and 2012, £140 million has been invested into new facilities.
• 21,000 students with over 120 countries represented.
Ranking: 101st in the UK in 2011
• Putteridge Bury
• For full time undergraduate students: £500/£1000
• MBA £1,500/£2,500
Support to International Students:
• Annual Social Programme for international students, including sightseeing trips and international vacations.
• Orientation week
• Airport Pick-up Service
• Guaranteed residential accommodation for all international students
• Services that the International Student Advisors offer:
• Visa and immigration advice
• Advice on part-time work
• Advice on opening Bank accounts
• Personal safety issues
• Advice on TV licences
• Contact with other international students
• Advice on personal insurance
• Local places of interest
• Temporary National Insurance numbers
• Social and recreational information
• Registration with the Student Health Centre
• Places of worship