Profile - Overview:
Glasgow Caledonian University is a distinctive, inclusive and forward-looking university that is committed to its social mission to promote the common good. We have become an international centre of excellence in higher education, promoting employability and global citizenship in our graduates. We win awards for our support and commitment to the student experience, whilst delivering innovation through our world-class research in key areas of strength. We have a tradition of widening access to higher education for talented individuals regardless of their backgrounds, and we leverage our intellectual and social capital for the benefit of the communities we serve in Scotland and internationally.
Location and Transport:
• Set in the heart of Glasgow, the largest city in Scotland.
• Located on a campus in the city centre with excellent car, bus, train and international air links.
• 200 yards from Buchanan Bus Station. Walking distance to Central and Queen Street stations. Located near to M8 motorway.
• Nearest Airport: Glasgow
• Established in 1875
• 17,000 students
• High graduate employment rate: 95% of students are in work or further study six months after graduating.
• Over 40 University specialist research centres.
• Wide range of Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes in Business, Health and Science and Technology.
• £70 million investment in campus development.
Ranking: 79th in the UK in 2011
• Spitalfields, London
• Partial scholarship £500-£2000
• Scotland Saltire Scholarship
• Commonwealth Scholarship
Support to International Students:
• Award-winning support for overseas students
• International Student Support Services:
- Pre-Arrival Welcome and Information Pack
- Orientation programme for all new overseas students, including a welcome event and a city tour.
- Advice and support
- Trips and Social events