Profile - Overview:
Mission and Vision: Inspiring today's professionals to meet tomorrow's challenges.
To continue to be nationally recognised as a leading provider of high quality teacher/trainer education for the lifelong learning sector.
Location and Transport:
• Situated in Huddersfield, Yorkshire
• Good transport links
• Near to Manchester International Airport
• Less than three hours away from London
• Established in 1825 as the Huddersfield Scientific and Mechanic Institute.
• Over the last ten years nearly £80 million has been spent on the campus and its facilities.
• By 2013 they plan to be one of the top 30 providers of Higher Education in the UK, to increase the number of full-time and part-time postgraduate students, to treble the number of overseas students to 1,600 and to quadruple our research income.
• 67th in the UK in 2011
• Library Services at the University's Huddersfield, Barnsley and Oldham campuses have achieved the government's new Customer Service Excellence standard.
• Ranked in the top 10 UK universities for high quality staff and lectures, 15th out of all UK universities for good industry links.
• Progression Scholarships
• The Sir John Ramsden International PhD Scholarship
• The Business School Scholarships
• Burberry Scholarship
• Research Bursaries
Support to International Students:
• Student Support Team
• Immigration Advice