Profile - Overview:
• An inclusive and accessible culture
• A personal, supportive experience for those who use our services
• A commitment to high quality, innovation and rigorous academic standards
• A belief that teaching and research are synergistic
Location and Transport:
• Easily accessible from Central London, 70 minutes by train
• Close to M1 and M69 Motorways
• The tenth largest city in Britain with a population of approximately 300,000.
• Situated in the East Midlands
• A culturally diverse city with lots of shared cultural events.
• Founded in 1921 and gained its Royal Charter in 1957
• Leicester has one of the strongest student completion rates – 91% of students leave the sector with an award according to government performance indicators
• 21st in the UK in 2011
• University of the Year 2008-09 by the Times Higher Education magazine
• Ranked one of the top 2% of universities in the world by QS World University Rankings 2010.
• There are over 50 partial fees scholarships for international students taking full-time Bachelor's Master's and PhD degrees -£2000-£5000. Exc. Medicine.
• Departmental Scholarships
Support to International Students:
• Welcome Programme
• Students' Union was Students' Union of the year in 2005.
• International Students' Association
• Faiths are catered for
• On-site medical practice