Profile - Overview:
University mission: Providing Opportunity, Promoting Enterprise, Delivering Excellence.
Working in partnership to enable individuals and organizations to achieve their potential through high quality learning, research and knowledge transfer.
Vision: To achieve regional, national and international recognition as the UK's leading University for working with business and to be among the UK's top institutions of higher education in relation to:
• Being a vibrant and effective learning community
• Delivering excellence and enhancing academic and professional standards for both individuals and organizations
• Contributing effectively to the economic, social and cultural success of the communities that we serve
• Demonstrating a real and continuing commitment to social inclusion.
Location and Transport:
• Situated in central Middlesbrough with a single-site campus.
• Excellent road and rail links. London is just three hours away; York and Newcastle one hour.
• Direct access to local surfing beaches and wide range of sea and river water sports. Middlesbrough is adjacent to the North York Moors National Park, where students can take part in hiking and rock climbing.
• University of the Year - the first modern university to win the Times Higher award.
• Link to 80th anniversary. Founded on a rich past - 80 years of innovation in education.
• One of the top UK universities for widening participation in higher education.
Ranking: 105th in the UK in 2011
• Tees Valley
There is an international scholarship available which is worth £1,500 a year to individual full fee paying students not sponsored by their employer or government (available as a fee reduction). If you progress to a master's degree here you receive a bursary of £1,000. Pay fees in full on or before enrolment and get a further 5% discount.
Support to International Students:
Teesside University is one of the UK's most innovative universities with a community of over 1,800 students from overseas.
Topsupport (International Student Barometer). Teesside offer help with English language, an orientation programme, plus advice on everything from finance, banking and health care to visa and immigration guidance.