Profile - Overview:
Vision: That by 2017 the University of Central Lancashire will be recognised as a world-class modern University competing successfully and sustainably in a regional, national and international market.
• We promote access to excellence enabling you to develop your potential. We value and practise equality of opportunity, transparency and tolerance.
• We strive for excellence in all we do: locally regionally, nationally and internationally.
• We work in partnership with business, the community and other educators.
• We encourage and promote research, innovation and creativity.
• The advancement and protection of knowledge, freedom of speech and enquiry.
• The promotion of educational opportunity for all.
• The protection of the rights and freedoms of individuals and respect for diversity.
• A commitment to health, well-being, sustainability and sustainable development.
Location and Transport:
UCLAN's largest Campus is Preston, which is the UK's newest city and is situated less than an hour from three major international airports: Manchester, Liverpool and Blackpool. It is also near the M6 Motorway and has excellent rail links. There are lots of on-road cycle routes and a local bus network.
• Established in 1828.
• Staff and Community of 35,000 students
• Contributes £300m a year to the regional economy.
Ranking: 72nd in the UK in 2011
International Scholarship: 500 GBP per year for the duration of program of study.
Support to International Students:
• International Students' A-Z Booklet
• International Students' Pre-Arrival Brochure
• Information and advice on inviting family and friends to the UK
• Information and advices on visas and travel outside the UK
• Enhancement of English Language Skill
• Comfort Zone