Profile - Overview:
The University of East Anglia (UEA) is an internationally renowned university based in a campus that provides top quality academic, social and cultural facilities to over 13,000 students.
UEA is ranked amongst the top three for student satisfaction according to the first National Student Survey and in the top 20 in the UK by the Sunday Times. It also came top of the most recent research effectiveness league table published by Research Fortnight.
Located in 320 acres of rolling parkland but just two miles from the centre of the cathedral city of Norwich the University is adjacent to the Norwich Research Park which is home to over 1,000 scientists working in several world ranked institutions.
Sporting facilities on campus include the University Sportspark which houses an Olympic sized swimming pool and regularly hosts international sporting events. UEA also has the world famous Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts and hosts an International Literary Festival which has included famous names such as Ian McEwan and Kazuo Ishiguro (both alumni of UEA's Creative Writing course).
Location and Transport:
• Norwich, East Anglia
• Situated in 320 acres of parkland
• 2 miles away from Norwich city centre
• Easily accessible by road, rail, bus and coach
• Norwich International Airport nearby
• Established in 1963 and gained royal charter in 1964
• Over 13,000 students
• International students from over 120 countries
• 28th in the UK in 2011
• Nearly 90 per cent of UEA research had been rated of international excellence in the latest (2008) Research Assessment Exercise, with over 50 per cent 'world leading'.
• UEA International Scholarship: 10-50% of Tuition fees.
• UEA School of Economic International Undergraduate Scholarship: £500, £1000 or £2000 per annum for duration of chosen undergraduate degree course.
Support to International Students:
• International Student Advisory Team: Advice and information on employment regulations, immigration and visas, financial advice, childcare provision, personal matters.
• Visa Information Sessions
• Visa Workshops
• English Language Support