Aspirants of higher education in universities abroad look for liberal scholarships as a stimulus. Many universities in the United Kingdom offer overseas students scholarships varying between £1,000 and 50 per cent of the tuition fees. Some scholarships are offered to all international students, while some are based on the academic merit of students.
Here are some of the scholarships:
1. University of Hertfordshire International Scholarship: £1,000 International Scholarship for all international students applying to the university. They will also be eligible for an early payment discount of £500 if they pay their fee in full at registration.
International students have to apply separately for Chancellor's International Scholarship of £2,000. Deadline is August 1. 2. University of Dundee Overseas Student Scholarships: Applicants admitted to postgraduate courses are offered scholarship to the value of £2,000 based on academic merits.
The School of Law alternatively offers Scrymgeour Scholarships and The Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy alternatively offers a range of scholarships. Deadline for submission of scholarship applications is August 31.
3. University of Leicester Open Master's Scholarships for International Students: University Of Leicester (International Awards) is open to master's students on all full-time courses starting in September/October 2008 to the value of £2,000 - £3,000 on the basis of academic merit. Thirtyfive Open Master's Scholarships are awarded only in the form of a reduction in tuition fees payable. Deadline for applying is May 31.
4. Oxford Brookes University's John Henry Brookes International Scholarships: Oxford Brookes offers scholarships to the value of £2000 for those international students who are holding an offer (conditional or unconditional) from Oxford Brookes University, and have accepted the offer as a firm choice.
5. University of East Anglia, Norwich, UEA International Scholarships: All international students (outside the European Union) are eligible for a scholarship of between 10 and 50 per cent of tuition fees on first-come-first basis. Students should indicate on the application for admission that they wish to be considered for a UEA scholarship. Scholarships are awarded to students on the basis of academic merit, normally for the duration of study. They are available from all Schools of Study and across most courses of study. Norwich Law School Scholarships offered for well-qualified and highly motivated International Postgraduate students are worth between £1,000 and £3,000 per annum.
New M.Sc. Biotechnology for a Sustainable Future — addressing 21st century global challenges — comes with a scholarship of £2,000 for academically excellent students.
6. Heriot Watt University: International Scholarships are offered for up to 50 high-calibre overseas students on select master's courses. Awards are made on a competitive basis.
The Scottish Executive offers 22 scholarships for students during the academic year 2008/9. The scholarship covers the tuition fees and a living allowance preferably in the subject areas of science and technology and creative industries (including arts, design and culture).
For more details on these scholarships, contact CampusUK Chennai (Ph. 044 – 42009334 / 42059676) or Tiruchi office (0431 – 4544449 / 2701601). Or e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.